Agios Nikolaos ( Syros ) - church of St. Nicholas of the Poor - is the oldest surviving church in Ermoupoli. It was built in about 1590. In 1691 graves and bones were discovered during the renovation of the floors. The income of the Church: The Hieratical Fund, founded by Archbishop Methodios was used in the last century to aid disadvantaged residents of the island. The temple is one of the two Orthodox churches in Ano Syros.