Just outside of Poros Town, the Zoodochos Pigi Monastery is tucked into the hillside at in the middle of a pine forest. The monastery was built by the Archbishop of Athens, Ioakovos the Second. He had a disease which was cured after drinking some water from a spring near the site. He declared it a miracle and had the monastery built. The first orphanage and the first Ecclesiastical School were also founded at the monastery after the Greek War of Independence in 1821. Zoodohos Pigis Monastery is a beautiful place to visit, and it's place in Greek history draws many visitors through its doors.